Do you want an opportunity to join an exciting team of people who are obsessed with providing exceptional customer contact?
We are looking for a commercial/tech lawyer to be part of our in-house legal team, reporting to the General Counsel.
What does the role involve?
A broad commercial role, which can be adapted to any specialist experience that a candidate brings, but which includes the following:
- Supporting the business with B2B contracts, by drafting, reviewing and negotiating terms in conjunction with relevant stakeholders in the business.
- Supporting the creation of new or updated products and service descriptions.
- Managing and advising on the ‘in life’ management of supplier contracts for all parts of the business.
- Supporting on the renewal of insurance policies and ensuring alignment to contractual obligations.
- Assisting our security and compliance team (e.g. on data protection, cyber security, and our ISO 9001, 14001 and 27001 certifications).
- Working in collaboration with the General Counsel, external counsel and internal stakeholders.
- Ensuring adherence to corporate governance.
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- We anticipate a solicitor with 3 to 5 years PQE would suit this role, but all experience levels will be considered.
- Commercial experience of advising in telecoms and IT, including experience of complex technology contracts (whether gained in-house or in private practice), would be highly desirable, but we would consider other backgrounds.
- Experience of advising on B2B contracts and negotiating with customers/suppliers, including excellent technical drafting skills.
- Familiarity with data protection law, intellectual property law, corporate law, public procurement, company secretarial work, employment law, international agreements and/or litigation would be desirable.
- Ability to work across teams, and to build and maintain strong relationships across the business and with key third parties.
- Strong communicator, both verbal and written, with considerable negotiating and influencing skills.
- Ability to provide pragmatic legal advice and creative solutions.
- A flexible self-starter, able to make decisions in ambiguous circumstances, quickly adapt to change and work in new areas.
- Values continuous improvement and a ‘learner mindset.’
- Strong ability to foresee and manage/mitigate risk.
- Ability to work autonomously.
What is it like to work for IPI?
IP Integration is dedicated to creating intelligent contact centre and IT solutions which are unrivalled in the industry. Our breadth of knowledge and experience spans products and services from the world's leading information and communication technology vendors; enabling us to deliver award-winning, value-add solutions.
We are an agile, highly accredited organisation with over 20 years' heritage in delivering contact centre solutions to businesses across the UK. We invest heavily in customer experience, our people and our culture – putting people at the heart of everything we do.
What we offer:
- A great working culture in impressive new offices, all the fruit you can eat and coffee on tap
- A competitive base salary and benefits
- One day off each year to volunteer for a charity or cause close to your heart
- A highly motivated and social working environment with a collaborative spirit and active CSR champions
- Career development and training opportunities
- Ability to work from home and from other offices
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please provide your salary expectations.
Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, we regret that we will only be able to respond to those that are shortlisted. If you haven't heard from us within 21 days, then your application has not been successful. We thank you for your interest in IPI.