Internal Technical Support Engineer
Do you want the opportunity to join an exciting team of people who are obsessed with providing exceptional customer contact?
We are seeking a high-performing, self-motivated individual who is driven by providing exceptional support for our internal IP Integration staff.
Our busy reading office currently has an opportunity for a professional and experienced individual to fill the role of Technical Support Engineer. In this position, the successful applicant will be responsible for providing onsite and remote support to IP Integration staff across the UK including our 3 office locations: Reading, London and Manchester.
This role will also require supporting of IPI’s customer client base and occasional site visit.
What does the role involve?
- Providing day to day technical support to all members of staff within IP Integration and its customer base.
- Laptop hardware and software support including office 365 & Sage
- Completing mobile telephony provisions and replacements
- Completing IPI and customer staff onboarding and offboarding including management of new hardware requests and returns where applicable.
- Completing laptop builds & wipes of returned equipment for both IPI and its customers.
- Support of corporate and customer VMware estate and Proactive patching via centrally managed systems
- Ownership of monitoring of IP Integration internal IT systems
- Proactive laptop patching via centrally managed systems
- Being responsible for Incident troubleshooting, fault finding, fixing, and providing staff advice on systems being supported.
- Managing your assigned tickets using our Ticket management system to keep staff and customers well informed, updated and communicated with at all stages of the incident or service request. Communicating with stakeholders internally, externally and 3rd parties to ensure resolution of tickets within SLA’s
- Providing support within agreed KPI’s and SLAs to ensure response and fix times are met in line with staff and customers’ expectations.
- Remote laptop/server support with windows environments.
- Routine checks such as system health and backups
- Keeping internal IP Integration and customer documentation up to date and accurate.
- Involvement in technical projects for technology deployments/upgrades etc.
- Keeping your skills relevant for all products you work on whilst maintaining certification, attending training. Keeping yourself updated on new versions and functionality available.
You will have the following skills and attributes:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- A logical problem solver
- Be a good collaborator, communicator, and team player.
- Being able to multitask whilst managing multiple tickets at a time.
- Have a strong sense of customer service and appreciation of delivering service excellence against our philosophy of providing Exceptional Customer Contact
- Be willing to work out of normal hours to carrying our specific maintenance tasks that may not be able to be done during normal hours, IPI pay overtime.
- Good knowledge of ITIL practices
You will need to have the following relevant technical skills and demonstrable experience:
- Detailed knowledge of Windows Server 2008 – 2016 and administration including DNS & DHCP Configuration
- Detailed knowledge of Windows 10 and MS Office suite
- Administration of Microsoft Azure
- Administration of Microsoft Active Directory
- Administration of Microsoft Exchange Server and Office 365
- Detailed knowledge of backup solutions (VEEAM)
- Detailed knowledge of networking technology with the ability to troubleshoot general connectivity problems in both LAN and WAN.
- Detailed knowledge of remote access VPN’s (Cisco and forticlient)
- Workstation imaging
- Wireless troubleshooting – Wireless Controller / remote Access Points / Cloud-based (Fortinet, Meraki, Zyxel, etc.)
- Anti-Spam technologies such as Mimecast
- Knowledge of encryption and antivirus products
- Essential to have previous experience of IT service process review and documentation.
- Firewall and Switch support (Cisco/Fortinet)
- Virtualized Infrastructure support (VMware/Hyper-V)
- Experience with storage technologies, NAS, SAN, etc.
- Knowledge of Helpdesk ticketing systems such as AutoTask is desirable.
What is it like to work for IPI?
IP Integration is dedicated to creating intelligent contact centre and IT solutions which are unrivalled in the industry. Our breadth of knowledge and experience spans products and services from the world's leading information and communication technology vendors; enabling us to deliver award-winning, value-add solutions.
We are an agile, highly accredited organisation with over 20 years' heritage in delivering contact centre solutions to businesses across the UK. We invest heavily in customer experience, our people and our culture – putting people at the heart of everything we do.
What we offer:
- A great working culture in impressive new offices, all the fruit you can eat and coffee on tap
- A competitive base salary and benefits
- One day off each year to volunteer for a charity or cause close to your heart
- A highly motivated and social working environment with a collaborative spirit and active CSR champions
- Career development and training opportunities
- Ability to work from home and from other offices
If you would like to apply for this role, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
When applying, please provide your salary expectations.
Due to the number of applications we expect to receive, we regret that we will only be able to respond to those that are shortlisted. If you haven't heard from us within 21 days, then your application has not been successful. We thank you for your interest in IPI.